Senior Product Designer
D2M Innovation is a well-regarded product design consultancy with specific expertise in developing technical solutions where intellectual property is a key requirement. Our dynamic, forward-thinking design team combines significant expertise with knowledge of the complete product development cycle to develop new concepts from idea to production. We have created a wide range of market-leading products including wheeled goods, protective equipment, sports and leisure equipment, juvenile products and handheld electronic devices.
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to be based at the Cheltenham design studio. The successful candidate would be expected to take a central role in designing and project managing the concept-to-market process for a wide range of clients from start-ups to small businesses. This is a client facing role and strong project management and communication skills are required.
You will be intricately involved in concept generation, CAD development, prototyping, producing manufacturing specifications and overseeing the production of samples by our manufacturing partners.
We have in-house prototyping facilities and a dedicated, highly skilled team that helps ensure a positive working environment. You will be expected to have a strong technical knowledge and proven expertise to tackle more the more complex, larger technical projects as this is a senior position within the design team.
The successful candidate will be a talented, pragmatic, problem solving designer with a portfolio that displays creative flair and a drive to see innovative products all the way through from sketch to manufactured product. They will have the ability to work quickly, within budget, to a brief and manage client expectations whilst balance conflicting product requirements.
- Strong capability to create technically and commercially viable products.
- Industrial/Product Design Education to degree level (ideally BSc).
- At least 6 years’ experience working in a product design team, ideally a consultancy.
- Technical ability to develop mechanisms (proof must be in portfolio).
- Knowledge of hydroforming and structural foam engineering would be preferable.
- Be pro-active and work independently under pressure.
- Good sketching ability and knowledge of Adobe CS to produce high-quality, presentation standard concept work.
- Excellent CAD modelling skills (ideally Solidworks).
- Good understanding of design for production processes, including injection molding, die casting, extrusion and metal fabrication.
Candidates without a product design degree, previous unsuccessful applicants and candidates without the necessary 6 years’ experience working specifically in product design will not be considered and should not apply. A valid UK work permit is required.
Salary: 35-40k Dependent on experience. 25 days holiday (+bank holidays)
No recruitment agencies.